Vanguard Small Cap Value ETF (VBR) seeks to give investors large returns by focusing on the downtrodden names in the small-cap space. This ETF tracks the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of small-capitalization value stocks. The fund employs an indexing investment approach designed to track the performance of the CRSP US Small Cap Value Index, a broadly diversified index of value stocks of small U.S. companies. This fund has low 0.07% expense ratio and $13 billion in assets under management. VBR tracks the CRSP U.S. Small Value index and holds over 800 stocks. Financials (33% of holdings) and industrials (20%) are weighted more heavily here than in other comparable funds. VBR shares are traded on average volume of 647,634 daily.
Top 10 Holdings (4.81% of Total Assets):
- ON Semiconductor Corp (ON) 0.54%
- IDEX Corp (IEX) 0.53%
- VICI Properties Inc Ordinary Shares (VICI) 0.51%
- Nuance Communications Inc (NUAN) 0.49%
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH) 0.48%
- 10x Genomics Inc Ordinary Shares – Class A (TXG) 0.47%
- Medical Properties Trust Inc (MPW) 0.46%
- Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp Class A (BAH) 0.45%
- Novavax Inc (NVAX) 0.45%
- Essential Utilities Inc (WTRG) 0.43%
Sector Weightings (%)
- Basic Materials 5.77%
- Consumer Cyclical 14.21%
- Financial Services 19.76%
- Real Estate 9.97%
- Consumer Defensive 4.73%
- Healthcare 8.84%
- Utilities 3.87%
- Communication Services 1.78%
- Energy 3.90%
- Industrials 18.01%
- Technology 9.15%
In summary, Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETF is best for value investors who are interested of investing in small-cap stocks.
I trade VBR like stock.
I love this small cap fund.
Own this fund for awhile and very happy with it.