Pinterest, Inc (NYSE:PINS), founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, provides visual discovery engine in the United States and internationally. The company’s engine allows people to find inspiration for their lives, including recipes, style and home inspiration, DIY, and others. It shows them visual recommendations based on people personal taste and interests.
Pinterest generates revenues by delivering ads on its website and mobile application. The company is helping advertisers reach millennials and Gen Z audience who are more active on immersive mobile platforms.
Pinterest stock has more than tripled over the past two years, averaging 80% annually. It has surged nearly 300% over the last year and has a a market value topping $50 billion. Pinterest reported that Q4 revenue grew 76% year over year to $706 million and the 2020 revenue grew 48% year-on-year to $1.693 million. Global monthly active users grew 37% year over year to 459million.
Listed below are the reasons how Pinterest will continue to grow.
- With close to half a billion users, the company will be able to monetize these users, which will generate a lot of income.
- Since Pinterest knows a lot about its members, data about items that users are looking at and following, it can offer marketers promising members to market to. It has made inroads into the high-growth e-commerce segment. As e-commerce grows globally, this partnership will allow Pinterest to generate significant revenue from merchants who place ads on the company’s platform. The company want to make its platform “more shoppable”
- The company will look at opportunity for international expansion and monetize in international markets.
- Wall Street analysts are optimistic with a a Moderate Buy consensus rating (14 Buy and 8 Hold recommendations).
- The company currently has a cash buffer of $1.7 billion.
Therefore, investors should consider owning Pinterest stock for long term as part of the high growth stock portfolio investment.
PINS is growth stock.